On the occasion of its 50th anniversary, KISTI as a science & technology information institute, will lead the way in making Korea a powerful science & technology country.
Since 1962, KISTI has played a role of National Science & Technology Information Center to provide information that researchers need to enhance the national competitiveness as a specialized science & technology research institute supported by the government.
2000~Lead the World
- Merged into ‘Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information’(KISTI)
- Celebrated 50th anniversary
- Reorganized into four Divisions
1991~2000Compete with the World
- System Engineering Research Institute(Science and Technology Information Distribution Center)
- Korea Institute of Industry and Technology Information(KINITI)
- Korea Research & Development Information Center(KORDIC)
- Supercomputing Center (ETRI)
1982~1990Enter into Innovation
- Korea Institute for Industrial Economics & Trade (KIET)
1962~1981Lay the foundation for S&T
- Korea Science & Technology Information Center (KORSTIC)
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST)